Rants and Jojoba Oil

Hello all! I'll start off by saying that I want this blog to be mainly about homemade, handmade products, however, I do see myself letting you all know about specific brands that I’m especially liking because its pretty hard to find healthy and safe…stuff…so when I really like something, you will know! I also see this blog as a way for me to learn more about safe skincare and whatnot, and when I learn, my first task will be to share with all my readers (hopefully there’s many of you!). This post is going to be a little bit of everything, so lets get started! MY passion for natural skincare has grown over the last several years. I think it all started out with jojoba oil, so that is where we will start today. Jojoba oil is seriously awesome! Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax that’s derived from the seed of the jojoba plant. If you click on my little link, you can read all about the details on Wikipedia. The chemical compound of jojoba oil is very similar to sebum, our skins own oil, therefore when used, it it is absorbed quickly into the skin. I first used jojoba oil as a makeup remover and then stumbled onto a few other uses. If you’ve never used jojoba oil before, please test it out first to make sure that you don’t get some sort of reaction from it. Although I’ve never had any issues, I am in no way an expert on the topic so take my recommendations at your own will :)


  • Makeup remover: When removing makeup, I simply pour a few drops onto a cotton pad and gently clean off my makeup from all areas of my face. When cleaning stubborn eye makeup, I like to pour a bit between my fingers, warm it up for a second or two, and I then begin to gently rub it into my eyelashes. The oil is very gentle and harmless to eyes. After removing my makeup, I usually follow with cleansing my skin, although on some lazy occasions, I go right to bed without cleansing; but this is totally fine because it is also an awesome moisturizer! Jojoba oil has been my holy grail makeup remover for about 6 years.

  • Hair oil: Jojoba oil is also great for hydrating and providing moisture to your hair and scalp. Just take about a dime size in your palm, warm it up between your hands for a few seconds, then apply to towel dryer/damp hair. I like to tilt my head over or upside down and apply this mainly to the ends. My hair is pretty oily as it is so I try not to apply it close to my roots. If you have bleached, brittle or very dry hair, you can warm a few drops between your hands and run your fingers through your dry hair, this will provide some moisture and add shine.

  • Body oil: This stuff is wonderful after a shower or a bath. It immediately adds moisture to my skin, and since its so similar to sebum, it absorbs into the skin right away. Whatever oil is left on the skin can be removed with a paper towel, napkin or clean towel.

  • Moisturizer: Jojoba oil is also awesome as a moisturizer. I myself usually lean more towards cream moisturizers then oils but during the winter months, I do love to hydrate my skin with jojoba oil after cleansing.

So I’ve given you a few of my uses of jojoba oil, there are many more that I haven’t mentioned (and probably don’t know) but you can find many more online! If you’ve tried jojoba oil for anything before, please comment and let me know your experience with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment