Face of the Day - Rosy Eyes and Bold Red Lips

Hello my dears! It has been a long while since I've actually written up a blog post but I am getting back into it and wanted to start with something simple and sweet, my first face of the day, aka FOTD! I loved how this look ended up coming together and thought I'd share it with you all.


EYES
Lid - I used a shimmery light pink color all over the lid. I used one from a LORAC baked eyeshadow trio, but you can find similar colors by pretty much any brand! The light pink looks lovely with the blue-toned red lips.
Inner corners - I used nude, a very light shimmery pink, in my inner corners with a bit of white (matte white) blended in.
Brow bone - On my brow bone, I used cream which is a matte flesh toned color.
Crease - In my crease, I used just a bit of taupe. To make sure I didn't darken the crease too much, I only used this on the outer half of my crease.
Outer crease - In my outer crease, I added a bit of mauve.
Outer corner - I used sable again from LORAC PRO in the outer corner of my eyes then lined and blended out espresso which is a matte dark brown.
Mascara - I am wearing my favorite mascara, the YSL Shocking Mascara in Deep Black.

FACE
Foundation - For my base, I am wearing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum which is an incredible foundation! Since it isn't available in the US, I purchased it on Ebay and am very happy with the seller I purchased from (link above). I am wearing it in shade Light Vanilla. Full review of this product coming soon.
Concealer - I am wearing the Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair under my eyes. This is an incredible product and the only under eye concealer that I've liked. It is super lightweight and does not cake up at all. I don't really need coverage under my eyes, just a bit of brightness and this does EACTLY that!
Powder - I am wearing my favorite powder, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light which is a lovely pale yellow-toned shade. It provides a beautiful diffused glow and never ever EVER cakes up or looks powdery on the skin.
Cheeks - On my cheeks, I am wearing Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed.

LIPS
Prep - I prepped my lips by using some sugar and honey to exfoliate then I used a good lip balm and let it soak in while I did the rest of my make up. This is essential is you are going to be wearing a matte lip or any other drying lip.
Lips - On my lips, I am wearing the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon. This is definitely the statement of the look! Once applied, these lipsticks dry down to a completely matte and dry to-the-thouch finish. Perfect for a party, a night out, or a bold lip that'll last you all through the day.

I balanced the matte lips with a shimmery shade on my eyelids but kept it subdued by using matte colors in the crease. I often love wearing red lips with bare eyes (except for mascara) but I loved this combination.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! And why is your hair so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It takes WAY too much effort to get it looking good ;)

      Delete